Monday, September 23, 2013

7:15 P.M. The night before NERD!!!!!!





The night before NERD and all through my home,
My husband and children won't leave me alone!
My KINDLE was charging in its place on the floor
And I was really wishing I could lock my door.

I had my hopes up this soft, Autumn night
That HOW TO DATE A NERD would be for sale early tonight!
I rolled my blue eyes when I heard a big clatter,
I knew better than to go and see what was the matter.

In about an hour, I'll put my monsters to bed
So plans of torturing Mommy can dance in their heads.
My eyes on my puter screen and my iPhone on my lap
I want to stay up, not go take a nap.

I thought if I stayed up til Midnight, it'd be just fine --
But then I remembered -- Amazon's on Pacific Standard Time.
I'll stay up 'til three so I can 1-click,
Feeling like I just got a visit from St. Nick.

If it doesn't show up, I'll raise such a fuss
I'll pout and I'll shout and I'll mutter and cuss
I'll climb in my bed and toss and turn
And ask myself if there's a lesson to be learned

I'll check my Facebook for buy links and such
And message Cassie 'til she doesn't like me much
I'll keep checking again and again
Until I get what I want (NERD!) and, then...

Tomorrow, I'll curl up on my big comfy chair
I'll cue up my KINDLE and -- kid free! -- I'll dare
To take a few hours and read my book
and queue up my blog, so people can look.

I'll review on Amazon, like a good girl
And tell other people to give it a whirl.
Then on my favorite book keeper shelf it will stay...
So I can read it again when ever I may

I'll smile as I read, then I'll tell Cassie Mae:
"I loved your book, Chick! You made my day!"

2 comments: